Total Pageviews

Welcome

Thank you for taking an interest in reading my Blog. I write about travel, beer, identity, experiences, etc. Anything that comes to mind. I also have guest appearances from friends to mix it up. Overall, I just enjoy writing.

Enjoy,

Roy Pogorzelski

About Me

My photo
Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
I am an award winning and community minded social activist and entrepreneur. I own 3 businesses, lecture in University, PHD candidate and consultant/facilitator. I have lived, worked and studied in Belgium and Austria and facilitated/spoke in Switzerland, Sweden, Kenya and Mexico. My writings are my own reflection on life, love and liberty.

Tuesday 27 September 2011

Making a Career of Beer

Over the last couple of years, I have become extremely fascinated with everything beer related, I suppose it started when I studied a Masters in Cultures and Development Studies in Belgium in 2008.  Now I have always loved tasting new beers, but until you live in Belgium, you realize just how little one could actually know.  Belgium is truly beer heaven.

Other then studying my Masters, my secondary hobby was sampling, trying incredible beers like Duvel, Tripel Karmeliet, Chimay, Westmalle, Rochefort and others.  In all, I sampled around 161 Belgian beers in total and around 1,000 world beers from White beers, to Ales, to Porters to Stouts.  It has been a world that I have enjoyed thouroughly, enough to actually decide that it was time I engaged this pasison and hobby at a higher level, which means knowing beer.

However, when I look for sites online, I notice that one must be a beer snob to discuss beers on any site, this should not be the case, beer should also be discussed from tasters., lovers of beer amatuers.  Therefore, in discussions with my friend in Belgium and my brother, we have decided to give a forum to people that just want their own page to develop their own beer inteersts.

This is for the amatuers, but on top of that, don't you hate when you have sampled a beer a couple years ago, you know that you have tasted it, but for the life of you, their is no rememberance of what the beer tasted like, or did you even like it?  Why not have an interactive, user friendly, online space to enter the beer you have sampled and what you thought of it as an individual, without the influence of others.  Imagine being in a liquor store and feeling adventurous, you want to try something different and you wonder have I tried Erdinger Dunkel, or Erdinger Weissbier, well then you just go to your page and scroll your list and BOOM, you have tried and it was one of the best beers you ever tasted, so why not grab a 6 and stroll to the party, knowing this information has provided you with a positive choice.

Or say you have not tasted the Erdinger, but then the website tells you where, when, why, what and who, plus a how and based on previous beers on your list, it is recommended that you should try this beer.  Well look no further, this will be available to anyone in the fall.  Every beer has it's own unique identity and story behind it, and I want you to discover it, as the Dos Equis guy says in the commercial "stay thirsty my friends".

But in the words of the World Beer Collection team "Whats your new favorite beer?"

I am excited to bring this to friends, family and the global community, let's build the excitement.

Pogo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Business & Story-Telling

Recently, I have started to think about entrepreneurship and the need for business owners to open up be vulnerable and tell their stories.  ...